Tuesday, October 8, 2013

There IS a Natural Cure for Cancer!

     Back in March I wrote several posts about my sudden diagnosis of lung cancer. At that time I refused conventional cancer treatment and the already scheduled surgery which would have removed many of the lymph nodes in my chest and possibly as much as one lobe of my left lung. Instead, I opted for a natural cancer therapy called Gerson Therapy. I wrote another blog post in June titled "Fifteen Weeks on the Gerson Therapy," saying that I was feeling pretty well so far and that my blood work up to that point was looking good. Now, after six months on the therapy I am extremely happy to announce that a CT scan of my chest shows much improvement. All lymph nodes look normal. For those who like medical terms, there are "no pathologically enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes," and the "left hilar lymphadenop-athy seen previously has resolved." Also, the mass in my lower left lung has shrunk from 1.3 x 1.2 cm to 0.8 x 0.5 cm. That may not sound like much to some, but just the fact that the lymph nodes are no longer enlarged and the tumor is shrinking proves to me that the therapy is working. I am elated and praising the Lord!

     Some people have even mentioned the word "miracle" in light of this wonderful news. Now, don't get me wrong. I give God all the glory for the healing I am experiencing because without Him it would not have been possible; however, I also believe that the therapy itself is the nuts and bolts of my healing. It is what God is using to bring the healing about. I would not call this a miracle in the usual sense of the word. Let me explain.

     I believe there are actually many divine interventions involved here. First of all, it is a miracle to me that Dr. Max Gerson developed this therapy back in the 1930's through 1950's. Reading the story of how it came about was amazing to me. The second miracle I see is that God built the human body with such miraculous healing power within. The next miracle I experienced was the fact that my doctor ordered a CT scan of my abdomen for a totally unrelated problem, and that scan showed the mass in my lower left lung. I was having no symptoms of any lung problems. Then, a friend of mine suggested the Gerson Therapy to me. Thank you, Beth Kay, and thank you, Lord for letting me cross paths with Beth at just the right time! The last miracle I want to mention is that God gave me the faith and the strength of will to go against all of the conventional medical advice and do what I believed He was leading me to do, a natural therapy that would boost my own immune system that He had already built into my own body.

     Yes, the healing I am experiencing is a miracle, but not in the sense that most people think of as miraculous. God didn't just zap a supernatural healing on me, although He certainly could have if He chose to do it that way, but then, what would I have learned? What could I now share with all of you about how to be healthier and how to take care of this marvelous body that God has created for us? I would probably just get sick all over again because I would continue to eat the same foods that made me sick in the first place. The Gerson Therapy is tough, demanding, and monotonous, but I believe it is well worth the effort. I expect to be fully healed in the near future.

     The best blessing I have received through all of this is that God has drawn me closer to Him. He has shown me that He is my Shepherd, leading and guiding me every step of the way. He has confirmed to me, personally, that He will never leave me or forsake me. His love is sure, for God is love! He loves you, too, and wants you to be healthy in body, mind, soul and spirit. He alone can show you how to achieve that. Seek Him above all else!

     "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you." Matthew 6:33



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news! Zap or no zap, to God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete